SEEF Limited is engaged in the manufacturing of Linear Alkyl Benzene (LAB), using the environment-friendly state-of-the-art UOP process technology, and Linear Alkylbenzene Sulfonate (LAS), the most widely used surfactant in biodegradable household detergents.
SEEF Limited’s LAB complex is located at Mesaieed Industrial City, Qatar.
It employs UOP Molex, Pacol, Define, PEP, DETAL process technologies to produce:
- 80,000 MT per Year of Normal Paraffin.
- 100,000 MT per Year of Linear Alkyl Benzene.
- 36,000 MT per year of Benzene.
- 3,500 MTPA of Heavy Alkyl Benzene (Heavy Alkylate) as a by-product.
Manufacturing of Linear Alkyl Benzene (LAB) involves:
- Separation of Normal Paraffin from Jet-A1 Kerosene (UOP Molex).
- Selective Dehydrogenation of Normal Paraffin to Normal Mono Olefins (UOP Pacol, UOP Define).
- Purification (UOP PEP).
- Alkylation of Benzene with Mono Olefins in presence of UOP Solid Bed Alkylation catalyst (UOP Detal).
- The Plant also uses UOP Shell Sulfolane Benzene Extraction unit to extract Benzene from Reformate and Pyrolysis gasoline streams.